Sometimes I get the strange craving for something sweet, yet also tangy to give my taste buds a little zing in the mornings.
Creating these Passionfruit, Pineapple, Banana and Ginger Muffins provided me with a bite sized morsel of the summer tropics, whereby I could imagine myself by the poolside indulging in these muffins…and perhaps sipping on a Pina Colada (because it is always 5 o’clock somewhere in the world).
These muffins are a treat anytime of the day and also make a great healthy snack for the little ones lunch box.
Makes approximately 6 large muffins and 8 small muffins
8 large muffins
Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegan, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free
Preparation & Cooking Time
20 minutes prep time
17 minutes cooking time
5 minutes sit time
- 1 1/2 cups of quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 3/4 cup of almond meal
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 150g pineapple pieces cut into chunks
- 4 tsp of pineapple juice
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 1 passion fruit pulp
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 chia seed eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 x chopping board
- 1 x knife
- 2 x measuring spoons
- 1 x measuring cup
- 2 x large mixing bowls
- 1 x 12 muffin tray
- 1 x masher
- 1 x small bowl
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray
- Prepare the chia seeds eggs and set aside for 5 minutes
- Mash the banana in one of the large bowls
- Cut the passionfruit in half and scoop out the contents. Add 1/2 of the contents to the bowl containing the banana and keep the other 1/2 aside to later place on top of the muffin mixture
- Add the melted coconut oil, pineapple juice, chia seeds eggs and vanilla essence to the same mixing bowl. Mix well
- In a seperate large bowl add all of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Fold the mixture in so that it is well combined.
- Add the pineapple chunks into the mixture and combine it into the muffin mixture
- Fill the muffin tins to the top with the Muffin mixture and top each one with a small amount of passionfruit pulp
- Bake the muffins for 17 minutes until golden brown at the top
- After the 17 minutes remove the muffins from the oven checking to see if they are cooked thoroughly by placing a mental skewer through the muffin to see if it comes out clean. If it doesn’t, then place back into the oven for 5 minutes
- Once cooked completely, remove from the oven and let the muffins sit for 5 minutes to cool. Best served warm. Bon Apetit!
- If you are not a fan of Bananas then replace this with apple sauce
- If you do not have chia seeds then you can make flax seed eggs instead