Similar to many girls out there (and the sweeter-toothed men) I LOVE chocolate! This recipe allows me to indulge, without the guilt of eating the sugar-filled unhealthy chocolates that is found in most stores.
As these raw cashew nut dark chocolates only contains nutrient dense ingredients, this is a chocolate recipe that is actually good for your body!
YES I am telling you that it is good to eat chocolate…genius aren’t I?!
This raw cash nut dark chocolate recipe includes raw cacao powder for the extra boost of antioxidants and the euphoric feeling generated from the brain producing more of a neurotransmitter called anandamide.
Combining the cacao with the delicate taste of the raw cashews, this contributes to the lowered fat content and health benefit for increased production of bone and connective tissue. This is due to cashews containing the highest % of copper compared to the rest of the nut family.
This recipe is so simple and quick to make! You can prepare your raw cashew nut dark chocolate in around 5 minutes with an additional 25 minutes in the freezer for them to set. These are so good that you will be waiting at your freezer door counting down the minutes until the delicious raw chocolate mixture sets.
This recipe makes 20 small chocolates.
The raw cashew nut dark chocolate is Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Vegan, Dairy Free, and Refined Sugar Free!
Preparation and total time:
- 5 minutes prep time
- 25 minutes passive time
- 1/2 cup cacao butter melted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup raw cashews unsalted
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 4 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup water (to place at the bottom of the saucepan to melt the cacao butter)
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- 1 x small saucepan
- 1 x small bowl
- 2 x wooden spoons
- 1 x food processor
- 1 x measuring cup
- 1 x tablespoon
- chocolate push mould
- Chop or shave ½ cup of cacao butter into a small bowl and place this over the saucepan of water on very, very low heat. Stir until this has turned into liquid.
- Transfer the melted cacao butter into a food processor, along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend all of the ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the push mould and freeze to set. Leave the chocolates to freeze for at least 25 minutes. Bon apetit!
- Do not leave out of the freezer for long as it will melt! Best served straight from the freezer
- If you do not have a food processor this works well in a high speed blender as well
- You can replace the rice malt syrup with honey, coconut nectar, or even liquid stevia
- This recipe is easily adaptable:
- Experiment with adding in other ingredients such as ½ tbs of maca powder, lucama, or mesquite powder
- Go a bit nuts (excuse the pun) with trying fruit flavours e.g. adding in a few drops of peppermint essence and orange essence to create Raw Orange, mint and cashew nut chocolate. YUM!